Welcome one, welcome all, and sit yourself down ready for the WONDER (please just imagine that word all in fairy-lights with magical sparkles gently sprinkling out of it, down the page, coating the whole blog with winter-wonderlandiness – I may not be big on graphics or coding, but my GOODNESS I will encourage your imagination, so help me!) that is the
I might even cheat and save my Thankfuls until tomorrow, in deference to THE QUIZ
With a REAL PRIZE, which I will send to you, to your house, from my house in English England, if you win.
SO! No further ado – let’s get on with the fun.
Rules (because much as I dislike them, I do want you to at least TRY with this…)
- One answer per question. I’m even making it easy for you with multiple choice answers.
- Answer all questions and for GOODNESS SAKE number your answers.
- No cheating/bribing co-hosts for answers/coping your friends
- Don’t just put your answers and nothing else because if I miss out on your lovely comments just because there’s a quiz, I might cry
- Link your post of Thankfuls up to the hop
- That’s all. The winner will be announced and lauded next week.
(No, wait, there’s secret rule 7. because I’m allowing the co-hosts to join in. Because they each only know ONE answer (their own) so here’s the low-down – their own answer doesn’t count. The person with the most correct answers wins. In the event of a tie, names will be drawn from a hat. That makes it fair. Co-hosts must email me their answers NOT post them here.)
First, though – the thing you’re all competing for:
It’s a good handful of present. It’s light. It’s SOMUCHFUN. It rattles when you shake it. It’s not fragile. It’s VERY Christmassy.
The Quiz – brought to you with Ten Obscure Facts about your co-hosts. Be warned – these are NOT to be found on their blogs, so it’s all guesswork. Brand, shiny, new nuggets of interesting about them…just for YOU.
1. This co-host cannot STAND an open door, and feels decidedly uncomfortable in a room where one is open.
Joy or Clark
2. This co-host learned to whistle before being able even to walk or talk.
Kristi or Zoe
3. This co-host risked life and limb walking down the hill of a HUGE roller-coaster, which had broken mid-ride.
Christine or Dyanne
4. This co-host is VERY spooked by cats and doesn’t like them at all. Cats LOVE her, though. All cats. All the time.
K2 or Melissa
5. This co-host was a member of her High-School debate team.
Joy or K2
6. This co-host traded kisses with a neighbour when they were both six years old. Oh, and the kisses were on the ASS!
Kristi or Lizzi
7. This co-host taught in a school for the hearing-impaired.
Melissa or Michelle
8. This co-host has two dead hamsters in a toilet-roll middle, in the freezer.
Dyanne or Zoe
9. This co-host was born in a taxi-cab on the way to the hospital.
Michelle or Clark
10.This co-host once got stuck in a bog, lost her boots and had to go to a piano lesson with half her clothes missing (because mud).
Lizzi or Christine
Ooooookay. But no. Because it’s my damn hop and I want to do my Ten Things of Thankful!
I shall do them quickly 🙂
1. Thankful that it hasn’t been too cold here yet.
2. Thankful that when I discovered the hospital had been taking money from my wages for a parking permit, I was able to GET the permit I had previously been refused. Which means no more cycling in in the rain. Which if you’ve ever heard how much I hate (hate, HATE) the rain, is HUGE NEWS!
3. One of my clinics had a charity bookshelf. With books for 50p. I bought three, because I had no other cash.
4. The book fort I could probably build from ‘books I haven’t read yet’ would be enormous. Which makes me very happy.
5. Happy I get to go to my second Parkrun tomorrow, and aim to beat my previous time on 5k.
6. VERY happy that Husby and I have some lovely plans for things to do with Niece and Neff in the run-up to Christmas
7. Thankful that I can trash some people’s houses without even being there in person…sometimes.
8. Hopeful that by the time this gets going, I will have enjoyed a wonderful Wakefield Doctrine Video Midnight Snackette (we changed the timing, just to mix things up, which meant 1am my time!)
9. HUGELY thankful for Kristi, who asked what time the hop went live (22 minutes after it should’ve been live) prompting me to remember that I’d done precisely NONE of it, and should get on with it!
10. Thankful that after much deliberation, I got a Tigger Onesie (in fairness, it says ‘cosplay’ on the label, but I’m just using it as a snuggie for lounging around the house in) and that I now look like this:
11. (Borrowing Janine’s usual technique and having a sneaky couple of extras) Thankful that next week I’ve been hand-picked as a guest co-host for the super-wonderful-gorgeous Finish The Sentence Friday hop! WHOOP! This is particularly special, as it was the first hop I ever joined in with, and has long been a firm favourite. So YAY! Friday the 13th! Better watch out, y’all! Join the FTSF gang on Facebook to stay updated.
12. Thankful for Bards. All kinds of bards 🙂