In a quite unprecedented turn of events, the madness that is the brain of one Mike J Mele has churned itself round and spat out a Liebster award in my direction. He got two, and felt the need to share them with some of his bloggy pals (well, it’s in the rules). His answers are pretty hilarious, though, so you should totally check them out!
In fairness, it’s a totally legitimate self-promotion technique, because he’s nominated some of the most awesome bloggers of our mutual acquaintance…and then chucked in a few friends at the end (I think so they don’t feel left out) So yeah. Thanks, friend 😉
The awesome bloggers are playing it very cool and promising him posts (maybe) by next year, or not-at-all. Some of them are even HUGELY enthusiastic about the award (which adds to their awesomeness, imo).
I was…reticently grateful (but I was hungry at the time), especially after I saw the questions he’d posed as his eleven! Truly a set which could only come from the brain of someone who has a blog titled ‘The Insane Asylum’.
However, I got into the translation of ‘Liebster’ (‘dearest’, in case you can’t be bothered to look it up on Google translate) and I thought it was really quite sweet of him, and perhaps I should stop raining on his parade and just shutupandanswerthedamnquestions.
In German (no, okay, I won’t)
Compliance to the rules 11 random facts about me
1. I’m enough of a wordy smart-ass to know that what they’re actually looking for is 11 arbitrary facts.
2. I’m halfway through reading ‘I Capture the Castle’ by Dodie Smith. It’s pretty good.
3. I’m going to interrupt this list rightnow to go and eat pasta (with extra-garlicky homemade-by-Husby sauce (cos we’re both going down with lurgy, but we’re going down fighting)) and garlic bread, and catch up on Homeland.
4. Homeland was awesome. And there were doughnuts (for me and Husby – not in Homeland), because he had a job interview today and regardless of the outcome, the interview went well, and it’s for a job he thinks he’d enjoy.
5. I was so cold earlier that I ended up in two dressing gowns; both blue and slightly fluffy. I’ve not taken them off yet, and look a little like a big, blue bear (in my mind, anyway)
6. There’s a certain irony in telling patients “These drops might sting a little” whilst rubbing obligatory alcohol gel into the weather-induced dry-skin cuts in your hands…
7. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my favourite cereal ever.
8. It only just occurred to me that it’s completely weird that I am so drawn to water (aesthetically and in terms of being IN it (swimming, paddling, dabbling toes etc) and yet I hate being rained on more than nearly anything else.
9. I have developed a reputation for being ‘less nurturing than a desert’ because I can kill off supposedly hardy, drought-resistant houseplants.
10. I’ve never seen Breaking Bad. And I’m tempted to not to, just so I can keep offhandedly saying “Oh. That. Never seen it” when people start raving about it (again and again and again)
11. If I came back as jam*, I would be homemade strawberry jam, because it’s the best jam in the world ever.
There. Um. Onwards to the next stage…
Answering Mike’s weird-ass questions
Probably the most recent time was still a few weeks ago when a woman I was in line with called her young (say, 6 or 7) daughter a “twat”. And meant it. But I was in my NHS uniform and am not ready to lose my wonderful job just yet. So I seethed silently. And bitched to my colleague, who would have wanted to punch her in the throat (but for fear of losing his job) too.
What was next? Oh…yeah – somehow this isn’t in the rules, but seems obvious
Invent 11 questions for your nominated bloggers
1. What did you want to be when you were grown-up?
2. If you could take any qualification in the world, what would it be, and why?
3. What’s the most tired you’ve ever been?
4. What was your last ‘kairos moment’?
5. What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
6. What is the most perfect number?
7. The last time you got given a present, what was the occasion?
8. Which book do you keep coming back to?
9. What advice would you like to give the ‘you’ of ten years ago?
10. What part of ‘now’ would you like to remind the ‘you’ in ten years’ time about?
11. What was the last thing which made you catch your breath in awe?
And finally, the final, final part (ermagawrsh! Dear nominees, if you feel like doing this part (or any of it) do feel free to NOT do any parts you find too arduous!)
Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and complete the tasks
Truth be told, this is the part I was really looking forward to, because there are some CRACKING good but less well known (to me, anyway) bloggers on the Ten Things of Thankful hop, and I’d really love to get to know them a bit better…and drop them in it for your enjoyment. You’re welcome.
1. Stephanie – Life Unexpectedly
2. Joell – Red Van Ramblings
3. Sandy – Mother of Imperfection
4. Mike – Joe Floggers
5. Louise – Baby Gates Down
6. Diane – Our Adventures With Riley
7. Piper** – Talk About Cheesecake
8. Beth*** – Writer B is Me
9. Mystique**** – Sayin’ I Love You
10. Lisa – The Meaning of Me
11. Natalia – Sophia’s Unique World
So join (hopefully) all these lovelies, and (hopefully) all my lovely co-hostini, on Saturday AND Sunday for TToT the 24th (ONE WEEK LEFT TIL THE BIG 25TH PARTY!!!!!)
*I have NO idea how this would happen…
**Okay, I feel like I know Piper quite well. But you might not. And she’s well worth reading.
***You know Beth. You ALL know Beth. But I adore Beth and find her hilarious and totally want to see what she does with this.
****Not her real name. Because she’s never told me! 10 Awesome Points to anyone who can figure it out, otherwise ‘Mystique’ she shall remain to me 😉