This evening I had a totally unanticipated moment! I’m due to a Top Secret Event next weekend, and was trying to figure out an outfit to wear (as the event necessitates Buying A Dress).
One thing led to another, and because I’m so utterly clueless about clothes and fashion, I ended up exploiting every single link I possibly could (whilst maintaining the Top Secret) to get feedback from friends, acquaintances and random strangers, on Which Outfit To Wear.
From there, after the Choice Of Dress was narrowed to two, I realised that I needed to know Which Shoes would go with the dress.
And so the cycle began again.
And after that, came the question of makeup – false eyelashes, eye liner, lipstick…some things I don’t remember, certainly none of which I own!
So somehow, I completely and utterly lost track of time and FORGOT ALL ABOUT TEN THINGS OF THANKFUL!
It was only when Jen Hall nudged me on Twitter (see, it’s SO useful) to ask what time the gig started that I realised I had less than an HOUR to go before lift-off, and NO POST!
Cue mild panic!
So today, you have Jen to thank that this is here at all. Otherwise I might still be sucked into some Pintrest board, zooming between there and Google and Twitter and Facebook, trying to decide on a dress and whether or not I need to get a (second-hand, antique, upcycled) fur.
Being A Girl is EXHAUSTING! And I don’t really understand it very well!
Can’t wait to get back to just being a Lizzi!
So here are my Things, all at once, in a rush, and (sorry) without much thought!
1. WE HAVE A NEW CO-HOST! Which is bittersweet, because it means bidding a fond farewell to Louise (Hexagonal Patchwork), who has done a bang-up job of being part of this from the beginning, but needs time now to focus on Real life.
On the other, much more joyful hand, it means we welcome my gorgeous, talented interviewer (and good friend, and kick-ass Scrabble-player) from last week – OH YES, IT’S MELISSA! – into the fold as our Tenth Co-host. So WHOOP IT UP 😀
2. I’ll put this here, because I’m going to need reminding that I said it, and to GO FOR IT! One of my awesome new colleagues and I have talked ourselves into trying to sign up for the 2015 London Marathon! We’ll need to be affiliated with some kind of charity to get a space (probably), but he knows some people, so it might happen as a work-linked thing, but would still be AWESOME.
3. My ultimate goal, once I’ve done the London Marathon (if I get the opportunity) is to run one of the Tough Mudder events, because they look utterly, completely AMAZINGLY fun.
4. I am LOVING that I have a smartphone, and when I remember to charge it, I can TWEET on my lunchbreak. You probably have been doing this for the last bajillion years, because you’ve had a smartphone for ages, and you fully understand Twitter (not you, Christine, I know) but for me, it’s still a wonderful novelty and I’m thoroughly enjoying that I can get a little influx of blogginess halfway through the day. If you and I aren’t already friends, add me @LRConsiderer
5. I am hugely happy with how the exercise gig is going. Not only did I run the 5k GO-GO-GLOW in 32 minutes 15 seconds (raising a whopping £700 (yes, it went up – yippee!)) for Cancer Research UK, I managed 12k in 1hr 25 the other night, and will continue to improve ready to start doing small training runs (of say, 5k up to 20k, at first) to get better. I also ran to netball tonight, where there were relatively few of us, and I was on the winning team (gratifying) and scored lots of goals (very gratifying) and didn’t need to cheat much (hugely gratifying).
6. After much
badgering and harassment loving and encouraging queries about whether I am ever planning to write a book, novel or collection of short stories of any kind, I can announce that I have Plans On Paper. And many thanks to Lori, of The Next Step, for being the first to swap notes and tell me I should probably give it a try. This now being filed under Top, TOP Secret 😉
(Yes, I’m a tease, but it’s my blog and I can do what I want to)
7. Talking of BOOKS, did you know that the one I’ve contributed to is now available as a REAL LIVE BOOK in the UK, via Amazon.
8. I’m SUPER happy that the general response to my ‘Pity Face’ competition (see yesterday’s post for more) has gone down REALLY WELL. Less pleased that my ‘Post your entries here’ thread on the Considerings Facebook Page has been largely ignored, bar one shred of love from the ever-marvellous Beth Teliho. So she gets a shout-out for being AWESOMEROCKIN’ and the rest of everyone can receive jubblicious levels of gratitude and affection whenever any of y’all bother to post a photo 😉
9. HUGELY thankful that I got to go out and have a lovely curry with a group of friends from church on Thursday. I needed it, and it worked. I discovered that my strategy of surrounding myself with people at times of crisis is DEFINITELY effective. So YAY!
10. Very thankful that I get to spend the day with Niece and Neff and do wonderful things in the afternoon with them (not sure what yet) and just absorb the loveliness of being around them, hearing their voices and their thoughts and hugging their little wonderful selves.
TAG! You’re it – link yourself in 😀