[fade into shot – exterior of home – camera pans in through chic balcony into lounge (sparkling clean and tidy) then wanders through elegant, two-bedroom abode – all clean and beautiful and looking like something from a magazine. The guest bedroom is beautifully made up, with two beds prepared to receive occupants]
The cleaning happened in EPIC style, and you can just picture my face as I imagined the above, as I awoke and strolled around our little home this morning, prior to our guests’ arrival.
How pleased I was that our efforts had been so productive.
How happy I am to live in such a beautiful home.
How easy it is to not notice the still-unpacked boxes from moving in(!)
Then, at the appointed hour, we descended the stairs and airily went outside into the fresh air, sunshine and blue skies to get into the OH &%$@! The car! I forgot to clean the &%$@ing CAR! we got despondently into the mobile muck-heap that is my car (seriously, SO MUCH shameful dirt in – and on – this car) and drove to the airport to collect our Irish friends, all the while thinking of ways to explain the oversight.
1. I was totally pleased to see our lovely Irish friends – though it’s a flying visit, we’re having SO MUCH FUN
2. They bought that I’d purposefully left the car filthy, so as to accentuate the beautiful cleanness of the house (okay, no, they humoured me)
3. We had a gorgeous lunch together and LOTS of lovely chatting and catching up.
3. We went to visit my favourite beach, walked further along it than I’ve ever been before (right up to the point where the MOD seems to have built bunkers into the beach, and then three warning signs told us to go no further.
4. We played on the playpark on the way back, including all trying our way around an assault course, and I discovered that not only am I Best At Playparks (comparatively speaking), I also do have a freakishly large amount of upper body strength (again, it’s all relative, and I like this kind of relative, so I’ll stick with it for now – if you have your own set of guns, please take them elsewhere for now…) and could swing my way up the double fireman’s pole to the top with relative ease.
5. I made burgers. From scratch. Using my grandma’s recipe. And they were delicious.
6. We watched ‘Easy A’ because it’s hilarious and neither of our friends had seen it, then we watched ‘Ghost’ because one of my friends hadn’t seen it, and it’s one of those ‘everyone has to see it’ films.
7. Having last watched ‘Ghost’ as a relatively young person, That Pottery Scene now has MANY shades of new meaning, of which I was utterly innocent on last viewing. BWAHAHAHAHA
8. We then chatted late into the night and thoroughly enjoyed sharing memories and plans.
9. We’re going to take a trip along the coast to Brighton tomorrow, to visit my shoe Mecca – the Irregular Choice shop. At the moment I’m liking these (below) but we’ll see what’s there in the morning.
10. I scraped time to come over here and see all the lovely posts so far, and dash out this one to keep y’all going without me til Sunday night (how will you cope?)