What a day!
What a response!
Six weeks in and our community of Thankfuls is growing.
We’re developing, people – shhhh – I’m sure you can hear it!
We are choosing to find Good.
And the best thing is that y’all are taking me along with you.
YOU are my thankful.
And yet there are nine others to fill.
2. I’m thankful that today has been a better day here. Husby’s mood has been lightened by the relief of having competent professionals managing his case and giving him the support he’s lacked for so long. I’m relieved too, and we’ve spent a nice day in each others company.
3. I’m REALLY thankful that we met up with co-host Patch for lunch.It got us out of the house for a bit, the food was delicious, and most importantly, the company was great. A much-needed break from the norm and a great time had by all conversing and enjoying spending time together.
4. I’m even more thankful that the sweaty, long-haired server who we complained about last time has clearly learned much in his time at Subway University. He didn’t touch his hair and then the salad ONCE! He changed his gloves without being asked. He made eye contact and smiled (well, smiled-ish). And he even gave me extra “extra chillies please”. I was delighted to eat my sub.
5. It was hot today – 35 Celcius at max – and being in Subway meant FREE REFILLS! I’ve never really felt that I managed to take full advantage of it before, as usually in England it’s not that hot, so really after one drink, you’re done, but today I went back FOUR times. And had an accident with some ice…
|Doesn’t quite rival Kate Hall’s tweets yet…|
6. I’m very thankful that Niece and Neff, when invited, didn’t want to come with Husby and I to get our new fishies. They were quite grumpy and adamant about it. So we left them behind. BUT, because we were good little hopefuls, we took a sample of tank water with us to be tested by the store, and guess what – we’re right in the middle of our nitrite spike; any fish put in at the moment would have died! We’ve a week of water-changes to go, and then back next weekend to buy fish. Niece and Neff would have been SO disappointed if they’d been with us. Blessings come in the strangest ways!
Golden ring danios, I’m coming for you!
7. After lunch today, I saw a gorgeous notice on the local Oxfam store (who am I kidding – several glorious notices) advertising half price books.
Half. Price. Books.
Husby and I spent a lovely half hour browsing and came away with a MASSIVE bag (free bag – nice man at counter) of books.
And apologies to those who are rendered envious by this (in one case, anyway, I hope will soon be assuaged), but LOOK AT THOSE BOOKS!
8. I took the plunge today and created new pages for the blog. At first (months ago) I chickened out, thinking it was too narcissistic, but since starting the Ten Things hop, I really wanted somewhere for the banner to link up to, explaining what the hop’s trying to achieve. And then an ‘About‘ page seemed just to fit! Let me know what you think of them – I’d really appreciate your feedback.
9. We finally put up our world map in the hall. The delight is twofold. 1 – it’s beautiful and educational; 2 – it will prevent a grubby mark forming on the wall where I lean my hand as I remove my shoes! Bad habits die hard.
10. In doing the pics for the tabs (yes, BABY pics of me, if you haven’t gone to see yet…) I came across a pic of our wedding cake, which I hadn’t known I had on the laptop, so I am THRILLED to share it with you. It brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face 🙂