WELCOME Ladies and Gentlemen to this next round of Ten Things of Thankful. Number Six, if I’m not mistaken. The weather is set to gorgeous and our co-hosts are all waiting for the flag. They’re in the starting box, revving to go, here’s the flag aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they’re OFF!
It’s a great day for a race, it’s a great day to be here, and it’s a great day to be YOU so settle in, watch the participants and don’t forget that YOU can contribute and be a winner here, too!
Please find your free raffle ticket at the concessions stand.
[40 laps later]
We can see Considerer and Patch vying for second position, Christine’s looking confident, as is Joy. And Clark, who knows where he’s going, but look – it’s working – he’s pulling away from the pack. But they’ve all underestimated Kristi, who’s coming up fast, and LOOK AT HER GO!
[28 laps later]
The last TEN now, and lookie there – they’ve all got their Ten Things neatly lined up and ready to go, it’s SO close, Ladies and Gentlemen, there’s just no way to know WHO it’s gonna be!
[9 laps later]
They’re coming round the last lap, hurtling towards the finish line, who’s it gonna be? They’re neck and neck, and they’re onto the last bend, into the final straight and its…its…JOY! WE HAVE A WINNERRRRRRRRRRR!
Though technically as Joy (at I can say Mama) is in a time zone ahead of the rest of the hosts, I should accept that she has an advantage to me (next in the time zoning, and not at all competitive, of course) and Patch and I on the rest of the crowd 😉
But anyway, TOO MANY ADOs.
It’s been a tough day and I could do with some laughs and some lightness, so PLEASE link up and share some wonderful with me.
1. I am *so* very glad that the NHS is open all hours, and you can walk in with your Husby and his severe downturn in emotional health and be SEEN and LISTENED TO and have ACTION PLANS put in place. Which for a year of going to the GP, didn’t happen. It’s a shame it’s been let to get to this stage, but HUZZAH! Progress. Triumph. And we’re still here and still soldiering on and a heap more positive.
2. I had an interview today for a trainee diabetic eye screener. I should find out on Tuesday whether I’ve been successful in bagging one of the two available positions. I really, really hope so because it looks like an awesome job. The interview went well, and I don’t feel that I messed up at all. I came away positive that if I don’t get picked, there was a MUCH better candidate.
3. As promised, I am very, hugely grateful to Deltaflute, Kristi and Jak for their most excellent recommendations regarding grammatical books for parts of speech (the learning thereof) and they may know that I’ve been able to add these to my ‘Dear Birthday Fairy’ letter.
4. I was thankful and excited and just thrilled to pieces to see one of my old favourites, the romanesco, featured on a blog post over at Melanie’s Science Sphere. I fell in love with the Fibonacci sequence not too many years ago, and when I discovered after that, that there was a vegetable which grows so precisely within its principles and that I’d been bought one and could eat it, well…I was so excited I very nearly sprained something!
5. I was thankful a while ago that when my old Youtube account was accidentally deleted (by me, in a technology *derp* moment) the animation Husby and I made was still saved on his computer. It was the end of our holiday visiting his family in Ireland, and the day before my wedding dress fitting, and that unpronounceable Icelandic volcano spewed ash all over the skies and stopped all the planes. So we called his mum back, she zoomed us through Dublin and we caught a ferry with less than a minute to spare. Then the ferry broke and we missed our connecting train. Then the next train broke and we had to catch another and another. And arrived back, shattered, starving hungry, and 10 hours later on for a journey which should have taken 2. I’d made the comic strip on my DS to while away the hours and Husby did magic on them.
6. I am thankful that my recipe for courgette cake worked so well and used up some otherwise-mighta-been-wasted veg. Get your best carrot-cake recipe and use courgette (zucchini) instead and nutmeg instead of cinnamon. You’re welcome.
7. I am ADORING the platform I have here to put stuff out there and have conversations with people. It’s really quite marvellous. Do stop a while and chat. Jump into other people’s comments. It’s fun.
8. But was very frustrating earlier this week when I got blocked/suspended halfway through last weekend’s hop and so I was hugely grateful when Clark let me guest-post at the Wakefield Doctrine, and when he subsequently figured out I’d been relegated to his (and by extrapolation, all other WordPress blogs’) spam box, and so was able to reinstate me as a commenter.
9. Tomorrow, if the water quality’s good enough, I might get my first FISHIES! So exciting. I’ll have 6 Gold Ring Danios, please!
10. I am thankful for a simple meal from the freezer, Husby’s homemade Garlic Bread Toast and Big Bang Theory as a wonderful distraction from the challenges of the day.
And link up with us 🙂
And tell me your raffle ticket number. Closest to the one I’ve picked now wins a mystery prize (this time not just Awesome Points).