1. First and most important Thing of Thankful today is for Husby, who (upon hearing that I discovered the inLinkz widget needed to be fed with dollar in order to continue producing the beautiful thumbnails (script links just aren’t the same, are they? We like our pictures on teh internetz)) generously suggested that I pay the subscription fee from the household account rather than my personal one. He is a very sweet sweetie-darling and very supportive of my mad blogging.
2. My second Thing is for my dear co-hosts Christine, Clark and Joy, who have emailed me throughout the week asking about how the link-up will go for week two and have tried practice posts and told me that the links from last week were still showing and have borne with me in spite of my lackadaisical attitude to the whole matter, and who (no doubt) tutted and rolled their eyes when they received my slightly panicked last minute email containing the new codes (after I finally figured out what needed to happen, several minutes later than the hop was meant to go live) and who (I have no doubt) will still be polite to me. They truly are generous, wonderful people.
3. My friends have featured heavily this weekend. I managed to have a long, lovely play in the park with two friends and their two small children, then a barbeque with assorted dear friends, and today will contain another very dear friend and a trip to the cinema.
4. Which leads me to being thankful for Fast & Furious 6 (which I am going to see), Vin Diesel, Paul Walker (and back to Husby, who doesn’t mind too much about me being thankful for those two chaps (partly because Vin Diesel enjoys playing Dungeons&Dragons, and so does Husby))
5. The weather is meant to hold and if not actually summery, it’s not been too cold at the moment (who am I kidding? There were clouds of steam as I breathed earlier this evening. Winter’s back and that means MORE BLANKETS!)
6. I am thankful for all the people who are trying to keep my head up and my faith strong, and who support me by sending prayers, well wishes and expressions of hope that things work out. I never believed I would get to this point, but this week (and I’m not promising it will last) I haven’t been heartbroken or devastated at the thought of never bearing my own children. It’s hard, but that chasm we fell into doesn’t feel so deep at the moment. Not a place I think I came to on my own strength…
7. I am loving the new bookshelves. They don’t look much further on today, because there have been small, fiddly fixing bits which don’t appear like much, but are, but they are getting there. Husby and I have been having wonderful, indulgent conversations about how we’re going to organise all our books. In the end we’re going to try by genre.
8. I am thankful for Jeffrey Deaver and his latest paperback out here ‘XO’, which we bought recently and I devoured in a matter of days. I now have a new wonderful series to find the component parts of, having stayed away from his ‘Kathryn Dance’ books whilst still in the grips of a ‘Lincoln Rhyme’ stage, but I was very pleasantly surprised.
9. In a related note, I am thankful for Waterstones, more specifically a branch near me which is hosting a signing by the aforementioned gentleman in the not-too-distant future. Mr Deaver, Husby and I will be there.
10. I am thankful for each and every person who linked up last week and helped make the inaugural (don’t you love that? Christine came up with that and I like it so much I stole it – it has a great deal of inherent pomp and ceremony, which I think is just marvellous) blog hop such a success. I am thankful that you, dear reader, are a part of the second, just by being here (but do add your Ten Things of Thankful in the links or the comment box below, won’t you – it’s so much fun)